Introducing Boston University's improved online marketplace that will make purchasing supplies significantly easier.
The Terrier Marketplace will allow shoppers to purchase laboratory and office supplies, printing services, electronics, computers, and maintenance and repair items from dozens of the University’s contracted suppliers. With over 40 catalogs from major scientific suppliers such as Fisher Scientific, Henry Schein, Life Technologies, Sigma-Aldrich, etc., researchers will now be able to quickly order products directly from BUworks Central at Boston University contracted prices.
While the functionality of the shopping cart will remain the same, the appearance and usability of the catalog screens will be noticeably improved. Products will be searchable by supplier, feature and price from one simple interface. Contracted pricing will ensure that invoice matching and encumbrance relief works correctly.
The newly redesigned Terrier Marketplace will be available for all shoppers on July 1, 2013. To access the Terrier Marketplace, log into BUworks Central, open a shopping cart, complete default settings, and choose Terrier Marketplace from the Add Item menu.
Trainings will be held on both the Charles River and Medical Campuses. To sign up for a training session, visit the IS&T training calendar and look for Terrier Marketplace Catalog Ordering or Shopping Cart Creation (Basic).
Below is a sample of the Terrier Marketplace catalog interface.
- Negotiated savings
- Quick and easy searches
- Millions of products a click away
- Compare products from multiple suppliers
- Over 60 suppliers in one place
- One log in for every supplier
- Encumber funds at the time of purchase
- Send purchase orders within seconds
- Ensure correct pricing
- Capture additional savings via early discount payment terms
- If you don't have shopping cart access, you will need to request that your Department Security Administrator (DSA) give you the shopper role. If you don't know who your DSA is, contact Information Security.
- Attend a training session.
- Set up your personalization for delivery address, cost center, and product category.
- Utilize the default settings feature in your shopping cart to ensure proper delivery and account charges.
- When in doubt, follow the Terrier Marketplace guide when placing an order.
- Enjoy a more user friendly shopping experience that will help save you and your department more money.